SEO Basics: Complete Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the art and science of getting pages to rank higher in search engines such as Google. Because search is one of the main ways in which people discover content online, ranking higher in search engines can lead to an increase in traffic to a website.
ON Page SEO:
On-page SEO is a technique that is used for optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
Technique which are used in ON Page SEO?
- Page content Optimzation.
- Image & Media Optimization.
- URL Optimization.
- Links Optimization.
OFF Page SEO:
Off-page optimization refers to technique that can be used to improve the position of a website in a search engine results page(SERPS).
Technique which are used in OFF Page SEO?
- Influencer Outreach.
- Social Media Engagement.
- Forum Submission.
- Blog Directory Submission.
- Article Submission.
Here are a few basic questions to ask yourself about your website when you get started.
- Is my website showing up on Google?
- Do I serve high-quality content to users?
- Is my local business showing up on Google?
- Is my content fast and easy to access on all devices?
- Is my website secure?
SEO Audit Tools
Free SEO Tools
- Neil Patel’s Website Grader – https://neilpatel.com/seo-analyzer/
- Hubspot’s Website Grader – https://website.grader.com/
- Google’s Keyword Planner – https://ads.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/